By Christine V. Amstutz RN MN
Supervisor Health Services
There are so many health sites and links on the Internet that I wanted to share with you some that are pertinent to various health conditions, and issues. Due to the volume of health web links I will be listing these in a multi-part series for the parent newsletters.
Health Web Sites for Students and Families
- Go Ask Alice - Teen health from nutrition to sexuality, by the Health Education Program at Columbia University. Receives more than 1,000 questions weekly from college and high school students, parents, teachers, professionals, older adults, and others, on every conceivable health topic.
- Healthy Body Calculator
- Health Finder - provides quality health information on various topics, such as the ten Leading Health Indicators, which help individuals and communities target their actions to improve health.
- KidsCampaign - Child Advocate Site
- Kid Source On-Line
- Longevity Game - Health Promotion Quiz
- Mayo Health Oasis - Includes interactive Health Assessments and Quizzes
- Medhelp: Free Medical Information
- National Clearinghouse For Alcohol And Drug Info Publication catalog
This catalog contains drug information in fact sheets, booklets, posters, videotapes, and audiotapes, many free of charge.