PE Make-Up Runs
Make up run opportunities this week - LAST CHANCE
- Tuesday - After school
- Thursday - Before school
- Thursday - After school
- Friday - After school
Get it done before grades are due!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 8th grade students will be turning in textbooks on Tuesday, May 21.
- 7th grade students will be turning in textbooks on Thursday, May 23
Please assist your child in locating and bringing all of his/her textbooks back to school. In addition, students must clear all library and textbook debts in order to be eligible for end-of-the-year activities.
8th Grade Awards Photos
Parents of 8th Graders: When you log in to the Lifetouch website to view the photos from the 8th Grade Awards Night, please use the guest password: PJH82013
Important Information and Dates for 8th Graders
End of School Year Activities
Informacion Importante Para Estudiantes del 8vo Grado de Placerita
Hart High School Extracurricular Information
If you an 8th grader that is interested in becoming involved in athletics, cheer, colorguard, show choir, or theater arts at Hart High School next year click on a link to get more information on those programs.
Hart Website Flyer
Hart Summer Athletic Information
Hart Cheer Tryouts 2013-14
Hart Show Choir Summer Camp — Hart Show Choir Auditions 2013
Parents and Guardians,
Over the next year and a half, you will hear more about the "Common Core" and how our State curriculum will begin a transition to include new Common Core State Standards. Eventually, the STAR test will be replaced in the Spring of 2015 by new, more advanced assessments. If you would like to learn more, here is a resource guide for parents from the California State Department of Education to help introduce you to the Common Core Standards and ways you can help support your students' education outside the classroom.
Hart District's "What's Good in Education"
School Vision and Mission
With “Pride in Excellence” as our motto, Placerita Junior High School’s staff, students, parents, and community will cooperate to serve the student, recognizing the unique characteristics of early adolescents. In a safe, caring, and healthy environment, we will prepare students with academic, intellectual, social, emotional, and physical skills to help them become positive, productive, capable citizens.
It is the vision of faculty, staff, and parents that the school mission statement will be achieved by establishing:
- A safe, orderly, and caring school environment that respects diversity and emphasizes tolerance of others.
- An environment that recognizes the value and potential of each student.
- An atmosphere that promotes teamwork among members of the school community.
- An academically challenging learning environment for all students.
- An environment that encourages students to mature socially and emotionally.
- An on-going process of review and evaluation.